In this blog-article, I will first clarify different aspects of malignant angiogenesis (Section A) and conclude with some evidence on how the simple tomato and a few other holistic techniques can be beneficial with regards to angiogenic modulation and prostate cancer regression. (Section B)
- 1 Section A
- 2 Angiogenesis and Conventional Oncology’s Contribution to Cancer Pain
- 3 Section B
- 4 Is there robust evidence that shows that Foods like tomatoes can be a safe, cost-friendly & an efficient alternative to cytotoxic chemotherapy ?
- 5 Discussion
- 6 Another Conventional Oncology Mistake
- 7 Tentative Conclusion
- 8 Exhibit A
- 9 REFERENCE AND PRECISION NOTES
- 126.96.36.199 (1). J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014 Feb;106(2) Dietary lycopene, angiogenesis, and prostate cancer: a prospective study in the prostate-specific antigen era. Zu K1, Mucci L, Rosner BA, Clinton SK, Loda M, Stampfer MJ, Giovannucci E.
- 188.8.131.52 (2). Dietary tomato and lycopene impact androgen signaling and carcinogenesis-related gene expression during early TRAMP prostate carcinogenesis. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2014 Dec; 7(12): 1228–1239.
- 184.108.40.206 (3). Targeting testosterone in patients who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer has been a stubborn mistake for the last 60 years. The hormone testosterone is needed to definitely reverse cancer and prevent recurrence and metastasis. Testosterone is also needed to prevent accelerated aging and other non malignant diseases. There is a connection between hormones and prostate cancer growth. But it is not by inhibiting or destroying testosterone that progress can be made. What needs to be better addressed is testosterone’s excessive conversion into dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and testosterone’s relationship with estrogen, in particular estrodial and progesterone. The evidence shows that all of this can usually be done holistically, without toxic and invasive interventions.
- 220.127.116.11 4. http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2008/12/Destroying-the-Myth-about-Testosterone-Replacement-Prostate-Cancer/Page-02
- 18.104.22.168 5. Endocrinology. 1980 Sep;107(3):848-50. Marihuana inhibits dihydrotestosterone binding to the androgen receptor. Purohit V, Ahluwahlia BS, Vigersky RA. “Marihuana and its constitutents delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta 9-THC) and cannabinol (CBN) were tested for their ability to interact with the androgen receptor in rat prostate cytosol. Smoked marihuana condensate, delta 9-THC, and CBN inhibit specific binding of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to the androgen receptor with a dissociatin constant of the inhibitors (Li) of 2.1-5.8 X 10(-7)M. In addition, other metabolites of delta 9-THC were also androgen antagonists. This data suggests that the anti-androgenic effects associated with marihuana use results, at least in part, from inhibition of androgen action at the receptor level”.
- 22.214.171.124 Furthermore, because prostate cancer cells possess enhanced expression of both cannabinoid 1 and 2 receptors, their stimulation increases apoptosis while simultaneiously decreasing androgen receptor expression and prostate-specific antigen excretion. (Indian J Urol. 2012 Jan-Mar; 28(1): 9–14). Cannabinoids can also be useful for their analgesic properties, notably for bone metastatic cancer pain.
- 126.96.36.199 (6). Cells at the site of the metastasis multiply and produce a protein called fibronectin, which acts like a glue to attract and trap the bone marrow cells to create a landing pad or nest for the cancer cells to land on and flourish. “These nests provide attachment factors for the tumor cells to implant and nurture them. It causes them not only to bind but to proliferate. Once that all takes place we have a fully formed metastatic site or secondary tumor,” said Lyden. “This is the first time anyone has discovered what we call the pre-metastatic niche.” (Source)
- 188.8.131.52 Disclaimer: All information contained in this site are pedagogical in nature, not intended to give any technical, medical, legal or illegal advice. Some of the links provided are for convenience, they do not constitute a formal endorsement. The Holistic Oncology Movie team bears no responsibility for the accuracy, the legality or the content of the external sites or for those subsequent links which may be invoked for informational purposes. Furthermore, not only is nothing in this website to be construed as medical and legal advise, but any and all replies, comments and posts can not be deemed to constitute either a therapist-patient nor an attorney-client relationship.
- 184.108.40.206 2018 (c) Advanced Cancer Research and Agents. All rights reserved
Angiogenesis and Conventional Oncology’s Contribution to Cancer Pain
Being adaptively or evolutionarily intelligent, cancer cells send angiogenic biochemical signals that activate different pathways so that an abundance of blood vessels can feed their glutonous appetite.
As noted in the ACR Institute’s research blogs and workshops, conventional oncology (i.e., chemo, radiation, tumor-targeted therapies, gene therapy and surgery, including biopies) often promote cancer’s angiogenesis process and mestastasis development. They do this by spurring cancer stem cells, activating dormant cancer cells, signaling pre-metastatic “niche” implantation, mobilizing the microenvironment’s resources, including non cancerous cells like the fibroblasts and then spreading malignancy via blood and lymph pathways to the four corners of the mammalian body, humans and animals alike, no discrimination. Among many other evidence supporting sources, see this pubmed one.
This doesn’t mean that everything in conventional oncology is counter-indicated.
But it does mean that it would be more reasonable to first use anti-angiogenic nutrients and holistic oncology to control and dissuade tumor growth, even if this approach doesn’t generate massive cash flow.
Yet, to this day, very little if anything is done in conventional oncology to control and reverse cancers via nutrition and other holistic techniques. On the contrary, conventional oncologists’ clinics offer candies and the standard American diet as comfort foods. Worse, when a cancer patient is in pain for muscle wasting (caxechia), modern allopathic oncology experts push de-vitalized and toxic “foods” like “ensure” into the patient’s veins or mouth, which is a sure way to accelerate his or her demise given that most hospital “medical foods”, full of inflammatory sugars, omega 6 oils and other deleterious molecules, are extremely harmful for the cancer patient’s restoration, (See file on caxechia). And from the point of view of Science, this “feeding” practice violates all of the nutritional and biochemical principles known, including, but not limited to the Krebs cycle and the Warburg effect. (See these dossiers).
From the point of view of Holistic Law, this approach is codified within Hippocrates’ written principles, the first of which is stated via the “primum non nocere” (first do no harm) principle and second is subsumed under the profiteering statutes, using ruse and abusing the patient’s vulnerability (ignorance and fear) in order to avoid talking about what genuinely heals so that the medical practitioner can better accumulate cash flow via dubious if not pseudo-scientific conventional oncological techniques that are abusively marketed as beneficial. In Hippocratic-based holistic medicine, greed and manipulative “scare tactics” are not only unethical, they are also prosecutable. At least in theory.
Is there robust evidence that shows that Foods like tomatoes can be a safe, cost-friendly & an efficient alternative to cytotoxic chemotherapy ?
Among other medical foods, let us consider the tomato, one of the richest sources of lycopene.
“Dietary intake of lycopene was associated with reduced risk of lethal prostate cancer and with a lesser degree of angiogenesis in the tumor” (J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014 Feb;106(2)) (1)
Furthermore, lycopene, tomatoes and holistic mediterranean diets (deprived of dairy) can also deregulate one of the key pathways that spurs the malignant growth of prostate cancer, the androgen pathway.
“Collectively, these studies demonstrate a profile of testosterone-regulated genes associated with early stages of prostate carcinogenesis that are potential mechanistic targets of dietary tomato components” (2) (Source)
From this above-mentioned piece of evidence and from all of what current research has demonstrated, it can be asserted that Holistic oncology is generally much more cost friendly, efficient and safe than anti-angiogenic drugs like Avastin. Avastin can cost over one hundred thousands dollars a year and be laden with many side or toxic effets. Furthermore, the data shows that it is not a cure, at best, it gives the patient a few more months of life.
Likewise with androgen deprivation therapies that target testosterone. (3) In holistic oncology, testosterone is more of an ally than a foe. It’s much more endocrine disruptors and estrogenic overload that are co-factors to prostate cancer progression. ,
“The old concepts, taken as gospel, do not stand up to critical examination. I believe the best summary about the risk of prostate cancer from testosterone therapy, based on published evidence at the time this book is written, is as follows: Low blood levels of testosterone do not protect against prostate cancer and, indeed, may increase the risk. High blood levels of testosterone do not increase the risk of prostate cancer. Treatment with testosterone does not increase the risk of prostate cancer, even among men who are already at high risk for it.” (4) (Source)
At most, it’s only a type of testosterone called dihydrotestosterone that nefariously binds to the androgen receptor that can spur the growth of prostate cancer. But this is usally caused by a man’s “estrogen dominance” load, a load that can be lessened by medical cannabis (5) and multiple other holistic techniques that the Institute reviews via it’s consultation service.
Up to now, the evidence shows that in men who have metastatic prostate cancer and who have been given chemo and-or radiation with a treatment called “chemical castration” that drops their blood levels of testosterone to near zero, new and-or residual cancer cells more often than not will re-organize, (including with the help of the microbiota) in order to continue cancer’s quest toward a totalitarian hold and predatory invasion of the host body.
In Holistic Oncology, the best approaches are those that are the least invasive one, those that allow Nature to heal the attacked prostate with holistic intelligence.
In this case which is before us, prostate cancer, by eating lots of tomatoes in combination with a holistic mediterranean diet (that excludes all dairy) (6) and a few other holistic techniques that the Institute recommends can be much better controled and reversed than with conventional oncology.
And this holistic stratagem starts with increasing free testosterone and other key hormones and neurological-transmitters, not with this ill-conceptualized mainstream testosterone deprivation therapy or dogma. Below, an expert oncology witness corroborates.
“Previously considered an absolute contraindication, the use of testosterone therapy in men with prostate cancer has undergone an important paradigm shift. Recent data has changed the way we approach the treatment of testosterone deficiency in men with prostate cancer. (…) The importance of negative effects of testosterone deficiency on health and health-related quality of life measures has pushed urologists to re-evaluate the role testosterone plays in prostate cancer. This led to a paradigm shift that testosterone therapy might in fact be a viable option for a select group of men with testosterone deficiency and a concurrent diagnosis of prostate cancer.” (Source)
Another Conventional Oncology Mistake
Another flaw of mainstream and even integrative oncology is to recommend fish oil as an anti-inflammatory for those who are suffering from cancer. While the long chain omega fatty acids do have their place in any restoration strategy, those in fish oil tend to promote cancer, in particular with aggressive prostate cancer, up to 71 percent greater risk of making this cancer a deadly one. (Source).
In the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, the experts provide further evidence that men with high concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids in their blood are more likely to develop prostate cancer, the most common cancer affecting men.
“This study confirms previous reports of increased prostate cancer risk among men with high blood concentrations of LCω-3PUFA. The consistency of these findings suggests that these fatty acids are involved in prostate tumorigenesis. Recommendations to increase LCω-3PUFA intake should consider its potential risks” (Source)
The Happiness Medicine and ACR Institutes thus recommend the use of advanced clinical nutrition, detoxification and holistic oncology’s other basic techniques before any surgery, cytotoxic chemotherapy, ionic radiation, drug combinational therapies, artificial immunotherapy and targeted synthetic drugs and hromones are employed, if only because these conventional mainstream interventions are usually irreversibly invasive and laden with toxic side effects. Even surgery. Even genetically-based immunotherapies, most of which don’t work and open up the pandora box of auto-immune “side effects” where the cytotoxic T cells get engineered in a way that defies the laws of Nature and evolutionary biology, to such an extent that the patient’s innocent tissues will get seriously attacked. (Source)
Furthermore, while many conventional techniques do shrink tumors, they also promote “resistance”. (Source). Like in any other evolutionary “prey-predator” and “host-parasite” relationship, the attacked biological entity, in this case the cancer cell, like MRSA bacteria vis a vis the fire of antibiotics, will defend itself by up-regulating self-repair and metastatic genes. For example, fibronectin proteins (6) and cancer stem cells adapt to Conventional Oncology’s symptomic suppression and “military-style” aggressions. (Source) In the face of radiation’s fire and chemo’s poisons, cancer stem cells will “resist” and mutate, bypassing immune-surveillance, become stronger, “angrier” and come back “with a vengeance”, at which point the host-patient is often overwhelmed and dies from conventional medicine’s drug toxemia and the morphin drips.
During our consults, we will demonstrate some of these claims with supporting documents.
Not everything is deleterious in conventional oncology, a nurse’s smile or an oncologist’s comforting encouragement can have strong placebo “feel good” effects, and as we know or should know, in medicine, up to 33 percent of success and immune-competence is based on the belief system, the feel good placebo. (For nocebo, it’s more like 50 percent, but in the opposite energy direction, toward entropy).
For the ACR Institute, the evidence is convincingly compelling. From the view points of bio-physics, bio-chemistry and even common sense, most of conventional oncology’s interventions are both counter-intuitive and deleterious. It’s like Monsanto’s strategy to weed out the weeds with stronger and more expensive pesticides. This just leads to a better re-organization of evolutionary biology, hence the super weeds that have invaded GMO farm-lands. Not only is this general “symptom-killing” paradigm in medicine unreasonable, it puts fuel of the fire of inflammation and cancer growth. Symptoms are compensatory mechanism and a “S.O.S” warming sign that homeostasis is broken and that the patient needs to address the root causes proactively, calmly and lucidly. Tumor-symptoms are not the “enemy”. On the contrary. They are in essence and epigenetically protective.
Meanwhile, a calming fresh organic green salade with lots of cucumbers, greens, black & red pepper, olives, onions, garlic, lemon, mustard, some soothing red organic wine and tons of ripe organic tomatoes and good company remain good Hypocratic-inspired medicine for the prostate and everything else that lives under human skin, including, but not limited to the trillions of prokaryotic and archae microbiota who are also major players in the art of living a long healthy and meaningful life span.
Pr. Joubert (ACR Institute, director)
Text under construction
To learn about the holistic and innovative techniques that can help to better control and reverse this health condition, consider scheduling a consult !
J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014 Feb;106(2) Dietary lycopene, angiogenesis, and prostate cancer: a prospective study in the prostate-specific antigen era. Zu K1, Mucci L, Rosner BA, Clinton SK, Loda M, Stampfer MJ, Giovannucci E.
The role of lycopene in prostate cancer prevention remains controversial. We examined the associations between dietary lycopene intake and prostate cancer, paying particular attention to the influence of prostate-specific antigen screening, and evaluated tissue biomarkers in prostate cancers in relation to lycopene intake.
Among 49898 male health professionals, we obtained dietary information through questionnaires and ascertained total and lethal prostate cancer cases from 1986 through January 31, 2010. Cox regression was used to estimate multivariable hazard ratios (HRs) and 95% confidence intervals (CIs). Tissue microarrays and immunohistochemistry were used to assess tumor biomarker expression in a subset of men. Two-sided χ(2) tests were used to calculate the P values.
Higher lycopene intake was inversely associated with total prostate cancer and more strongly with lethal prostate cancer (top vs bottom quintile: HR = 0.72; 95% CI = 0.56 to 0.94; P(trend) = .04). In a restricted population of screened participants, the inverse associations became markedly stronger (for lethal prostate cancer: HR = 0.47; 95% CI = 0.29 to 0.75; P trend = .009). Comparing different measures of dietary lycopene, early intake, but not recent intake, was inversely associated with prostate cancer. Higher lycopene intake was associated with biomarkers in the cancer indicative of less angiogenic potential.
Dietary intake of lycopene was associated with reduced risk of lethal prostate cancer and with a lesser degree of angiogenesis in the tumor. Because angiogenesis is a strong progression factor, an endpoint of lethal prostate cancer may be more relevant than an endpoint of indolent prostate cancer for lycopene in the era of highly prevalent prostate-specific antigen screening.
To learn about the holistic and innovative techniques that can help to better control and reverse this health condition, consider scheduling a consult !